Sian chats about the benefits of attending a weekly yoga class
1. How long have you been practicing yoga for?
I have practiced yoga on and off for the past 10 years
2. What keeps you coming back to your mat every week?
Yoga keeps me flexible and I realise how important this is when I practice, it's such an interesting experience. Yoga takes you to a whole new place
3. What aspect of your practice are you working on at the moment?
I recently started yin yoga. It tests me because it takes me into mind and body by bringing the more meditative aspect of yoga. I previously practiced flow yoga, which is good exercise. The exercises help to make you strong and learn how to hold and operate your body. They help to prepare you for meditation. Yin yoga helps me to slow down and draw my awareness inwards.
4. What advice would you give to anyone thinking of trying yoga for the first time?
Go for it! There's no competition or judgement with yoga. The studio is a really supportive place where you get space to try things out.
5. What brings you back to the mat each week?
I get attached to my teachers and I can walk to the studio from home.
6. What's your favourite pose?
I love child's pose after harder postures. Cat cow is a favourite too. I really enjoy the connection between movement and breath. The softness of it, the curve in my spine. It brings a feeling of wholeness.
7. Tell us a fun fact about yourself!
I don't know how to turn on our telly
Read more about our students here.